Frequently Asked Questions
Core Energy Coaching operates on the understanding that the challenges you face are often symptoms of an underlying cause. By only tackling the symptoms, you might be able to modify your actions in the short-term, but this approach fails to provide meaningful, long-term solutions. We will get to your core, which means you’ll soon be able to better connect your inner purpose and passion to your outward goals and strategies – zeroing in on what you really want and breaking through what’s holding you back.
Coaching is a partnership between you and your coach, utilizing a thought-provoking and creative process to inspire and motivate you to maximize your personal and professional potential. The coaching process provides:
- Sustainable Results - Your coach will seek to elicit solutions and strategies from YOU and believe that YOU are naturally creative, resourceful, and have the answers.
- Lasting Change - Your coach will listen beyond what is said, observe, encourage self-discovery, and customize your approach to meet your needs.
- Support to Thrive - Your coach will help you make adjustments, remove roadblocks and support the skills, resources, and creativity you already have.
People hire a coach because:
- They want more.
- They want to grow.
- They want it easier.
It’s as simple as that. Coaches help a client get all three, but more quickly than if on their own.
Usually both. The coach is the only professional trained to work with all aspects of your life. This is handy because very often, if something is bothering you at work, it is affecting your personal life as well and vise versa. Some clients prefer to spend more time focusing on their business goals, while others may want to focus on personal goals. How you use your coaching call is up to you!
We focus where the client wants us to focus. Your goals are our goals, although we might have some radical suggestions for how to reach your goals more quickly. Sometimes, in order to be more successful in business, you need to do some personal work. So don’t be surprised if you get some personal assessments and quizzes!
Here is why:
1) Accountability. Regularly scheduled calls prompt clients to get more done than they would if left to their own devices. Think about it, if you work out with a personal trainer at the gym, you work much harder than on your own. Clients take bigger actions, set bigger goals and think bigger when they work with a professional coach.
2) Expertise. The trained coach knows how to help you set the right goals, make more money, and structure your personal and professional life to achieve greater productivity with less effort.
3) Delivery. A well-trained coach knows how to use the right words so that you are naturally motivated. It doesn’t take brow-beating or nagging when you are working with a skilled coach. Coaching typically works best with a weekly call so clients have time to integrate new ways of thinking and take action each week toward their goals. Most coaching is done by phone and delivered in half hour to one hour coaching calls. The experience is challenging and uplifting. You’ll look forward to your weekly calls with your coach.
4) Speed. Most people find that things start to happen very quickly after hiring a coach.
Entrepreneurs, executives, business leaders, creative people, managers, small business owners, start-ups, professionals and home-makers all reach their goals with the help of a coach. If there is a gap between where you are now and where you want to be, there is room for coaching. Not only will your coach help you close the gap, your coach will help you break through your energy blocks and limiting beliefs and challenge you to think bigger.
- People are tired of doing what they “should” do and are ready to do something special and meaningful for the rest of their lives. Problem is, many can’t see it, or if they can, they can’t see a way to reorient their life around it. A coach can help them do both.
- People are realizing how simple it can be to accomplish something that might have felt out of reach or like a pipedream. A coach is not a miracle worker (well, they are, sometimes) but a coach does have a large tool kit to help the Big Idea become a Reality.
Nobody really needs a coach, but many people want one! Are you doing what you most enjoy? Are you tolerating or putting up with anything? Is life easy or are you struggling? Do you have what you really want? Most people can expect a lot more out of their lives. Coaching really speeds things up so hold on to your hat!
Yes. Some clients hire a coach to help them achieve a specific objective or project. Many clients choose to continue working with their coach after their initial goals are accomplished because there are even more interesting things to do!
Consulting. Coaching can be considered a form of consulting. However, consulting is often information and expertise based. For example, you might hire a consultant to help your business with a specific problem. In which case, you’d expect your consultant to have knowledge and experience in that particular area. Coaches, on the other hand, may or may not have a background or experience in your field. A coach is a life specialist, an expert on helping you develop all areas of your business and personal life. Unlike many consultants who propose a solution and leave you to implement it, the coach stays with you to help you integrate the changes, new skills, and goals to make sure they really happen. This is one reason why coaching is so effective–it is one thing to have the information and quite another to actually make the change!
Therapy. Coaching is not therapy. Coaches don’t work on past-based issues or traumas. Coaches are not psychologists or psychotherapists. If you start the process of coaching, and have not resolved a past issue, then it is very likely you will be referred to work with a therapist to resolve the issue. It is very common for unresolved traumas to stop us from getting what we want in our lives. Coaches focus on the present and the client’s goals for the future. We help people move forward and set personal and professional goals that will give them the life they really want. Most coaching clients are healthy, successful people who might be a bit stuck or simply want to make a big change in their lives and want the support of their own personal coach to do so.
Best friend. A best friend or two or three is wonderful to have. But is your best friend an objective professional who you can trust to advise you on the most important aspects of your life or business? Sometimes our friends can’t tell us the truth as much as they would like to because they don’t want to risk losing the friendship. A good coach is never afraid to tell you the truth and is willing to be fired at any time. Why not have a best friend and a coach?